Saturday, May 2, 2009

Oooey Gooey Butter Bars



When I was growing up, my sister and I used to stop by the Dainty Maid Bake Shop and grab those little butter cookies with dollups of frosting. They were my favorite then, and they're my favorite now. And now, my friend friend Bonnie has given me the recipe to have that little cookie in a BAR. YUM!!! The way I see it, this is just more of my favorite method cooking. We could swap the butter cake for a spice cake? We could add pumpkin or apple butter to the filling to make pumpkin butter bars or apple butter bars. Or we could use lemon to make lemon butter bars.

Oooey Gooey Butter Bars

1 - butter cake mix
2 - eggs
1 - stick butter

Mix together and press into 9x13 pan

1 - 8 oz softened cream cheese
1 - box powdered sugar

Beat together and spread over cake mix. Bake @ 300 degrees for approx
35 - 40 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. You'll have to try nutrition yeast, I love it. Your pic isn't showing for me :(
    Cindy
    Http://vegetarianmamma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin