Thursday, July 9, 2009

Who knew?



Hummus has been a staple in our house for as long as I can remember. It's probably our favorite condiment. We use it for dip for veggies and bagel chips and crackers. We use it as a substitute for pizza sauce on my *Mediterranean pizza. We use it on sandwiches and wraps... When DD1 was 6 months old, she was eating it by the spoonful. It's just always been here. But yet, I've never made it.

So this weekend I had a cpl cans of garbanzos in the pantry and viola... it IS easy! And better than store-bought, for sure. I didn't measure anything, but I can tell you what I put in it.

2 cans garbanzos pureed til smooth. Whiz in olive oil and lemon juice, fresh garlic and chives and onion powder. Add a little salt and Garlic Herb Mrs Dash and that was it. I didn't have any tahini to add, don't usually keep that in the fridge. This was just simple and delicious as is. Simple and flavorful and done in a flash. Of course now I feel like a complete nut for not trying this 10 yrs ago, but.... c'est la vie.

:)



* Mediterranean Pizza

Pizza crust warmed in the oven. Top with garlic hummus, fresh spinach, seasoned and thinly sliced heirloom tomatoes or olives, provolone or mozzerella cheese scattered across the top. Sprinkle with basil and oregano. So amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin