Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The "go-to" recipe

Everyone I know has a "go-to" recipe. If they can't think of what to make or bring, they always make their "go-to". I have a few of these go-to's.... Anyone wanna try this one?

This is something you can use as a side dish, a snack, a condiment, anything, and you can add all kinds of things to it.

1 can diced tomatoes
1 can chickpeas, drained but not rinsed
1 cup green olives, halved
2 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 drizzle olive oil
Garlic to taste

Mix all ingredients, and if you can, let it sit in the fridge for as long as possible. Its always better the next day, but I usually can't wait that long.

I have also used kidney beans, and a mixture of chickpea and fava beans, and sometimes add some diced onion.

I eat it right out of the bowl, but DH likes to dip bread or garlic bagel crisps in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin