Thursday, February 12, 2009

Poached strawberries?

My friend Mindy invited us over for lunch this weekend and having just bought sugar cookies to make valentines, I offered to bring dessert. But as I sit here thinking about how to dress up my Valentine cookies.... I think, "Simple and sweet. And NEW. And different!" My first thought was crunch coated mini ice cream balls. But otoh, what do you think about champagne poached warm strawberries with scooped crème fraîche or mascarpone on top? I've never poached berries before, and of course would have to use a suitable substitute for the champagne, but it would be easier on the figure, and put more focus on the berries. And I could use frozen yogurt or Soy Dream instead of ice cream. Hmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin