Saturday, April 3, 2010

Key Lime Pie

I made this for the Easter potluck this weekend and even though the pie is still in one piece, I can tell you the mixing bowl and spoons were licked clean. Totally decadent!!!! Probably the best tofu cheesecake I've ever had. You can't even tell it's tofu!



Key Lime Pie

Credit to VegWeb.

SERVES 6 -8
1 (12 1/3 ounce) package mori-nu firm silken tofu (I use lite)
8 ounces soy cream cheese
1/2 cup key lime juice
2 teaspoons freshly grated lime rind
2 (4 ounce) packages mori-nu mates vanilla pudding mix (must be this brand, it's made to go with the tofu)
1 tablespoon liquid sweetener, to taste (I use honey but that's not vegan!)
1 (9 inch) baked pastry shells or graham cracker crust (I prefer graham)


Directions
Drain any excess water from the tofu.
Blend tofu and lime juice in a processor or blender until creamy and smooth.
Add the rest of the ingredients (except crust!), and blend again until smooth.
At this point, I had to transfer the mixture to a bowl and beat on high speed with an electric mixer, since it was too thick and stiff for my blender.
Pour the mixture into the crust and chill 2-3 hours or until firm.
This sets up very firm.
It also makes a great pudding or little tartlet filling for fancy desserts!
Note for those who try with other pudding mixes. Make sure your mix is Vegan. Commercial mixes can contain meat by products making them not Vegan or Vegetarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin