Friday, October 22, 2010

Broccoli Casserole

I finally figured out what veggie side dish to take this weekend.... broccoli casserole. I had everything on hand to give it a trial run yesterday, so away we went. Let me see if i can describe it.... it was yum, stuffed with awesome with a side of wicked good. No lie. Totally delish. Give it a go, Lovelies. You won't be sorry :)

Remember, I just used what I had on hand. You can adjust the ingredients as strong or mild as you like. Oh! And have I mentioned yet? YUMM!!



Broccoli casserole
2 10-ounce packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
1 cup mayonnaise
2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese – I used fiesta Colby/Jack
1 10 3/4-ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup or broc chz soup --I used com
2 eggs lightly beaten
2 cup crushed Ritz crackers or 2 c stuffing mix – I used a pkg of savory herb Stove Top --remember, just what I had on hand. crackers next time though. The top was crunchy and flavorful, but I think the crackers with lighten it up crispy rather than crunchy.
2 tablespoon butter, melted – I also added 3Tbs chive n onion cream cheese
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 cup veggie bacon, cooked, crisped, crumbled.

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13 by 9 inch baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl combing, broccoli, mayo, cheese, soup and eggs. Mix well with a metal spoon. Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Top with the crushed crackers or stuffing mix and pour the melted butter evenly over the crackers. Bake for 35 minutes or until set and browned.

Servings: 8-10 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Difficulty: Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin